Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
These are great as an appetizer, a buffet dish, or even as a side dish. The garlic gives it a nice flavor and they even taste good cold!
- 24 fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Rinse and drain mushrooms. Remove stems and chop enough stems to equal 1 cup.
- In a saute pan Place chopped mushrooms, green onions, garlic and butter till tender.
- Add breadcrumbs and cheese and spoon into mushroom caps.
- Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and sprinkle with a little more grated parmesan.
- Cook 425° for 8-10 minutes (tops should be lightly browned).
I quartered the ingredients (about 2 tablespoons butter and one onion etc) to fill 4 huge mushrooms. We eat a lot of stuffed mushrooms, and I would have liked a little chopped bacon in this mix.