Recipe by kbell22
From the Fit for Life Cookbook. If you love mushrooms, you will love this simple recipe.
Top Review by Kiss*My*Tiara
This is a very good recipe. I did change a few things. I used 1/2 stick butter instead of oil and added 1/2 chopped onion and quite a bit of bread crumbs. The bread crumbs made it more "stuffing like". I've made these 3 times, always using this recipe for the base and everyone loves them! Even the kids!
- 8 large mushrooms, remove the stems and chop the stems finely (your choice of mushrooms)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil or 1 tablespoon broth
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Saute mushroom stems in oil or broth (nonstick pan works best).
- Add garlic and bread crumbs, and any additional oil necessary.
- Stir in basil and saute briefly.
- Fill mushroom caps with sauteed stuffing.
- Cover with parchment and bake for 20 minutes (or until tender).
- Sprinkle with lemon juice and pepper to taste.