Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are easy-to-make stuffed mushroom appetizers that you may enjoy. Recipe source: The New High Altitude Cook Book.
- 24 large mushrooms, washed and dried
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter, divided
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons onions, minced
- 1⁄4 cup swiss cheese, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sherry wine
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut stems from mushrooms and set aside.
- Dip mushroom caps in melted butter and then sprinkle them with lemon juice. Set aside while making stuffing.
- Chop reserved mushroom stems very fine.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat, pour in the remaining 1/4 cup melted butter.
- Saute chopped mushroom stems, parsley and onion together until limp (3-5 minutes).
- In a small bowl combine grated cheese, salt, pepper, 1/2 cup bread crumbs and sherry. Stir in sauted vegetables and toss to combine.
- Shake lemon juice from mushroom caps.
- Fill each mushroom cap with stuffing and then sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup bread crumbs. Dot with butter and bake for 15-20 minutes or until done and browned.
- Serve hot.
Wonderful little appetizers! I used beef broth instead of sherry wine. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
These were delicious little bites! I made this along with your Mushroom Nachos. I didn't have sherry, so used what I had, a nice white wine. Lovely. Thanks Ellie!