Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I haven't tried the recipe yet, but it looks good! I found it on the side of a Triscuit box. It suggests to serve it with the Parmesan Garlic flavor crackers.
- 30 triscuit parmesan garlic thin crisps
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb mushroom, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- Place the crackers in resealable plastic bag. Use rolling pin to crush crackers; set aside.
- Melt butter in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add mushrooms, peppers and garlic; cook 8 min, or until peppers are tender and liquid is evaporated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat.
- Stir in cracker crumbs, cheese and sour cream until well blended. Serve warm with additional crackers.
I didn't leave stars because I changed the recipe quite a bit. I didn't mash up the crackers into the dip. I also used low fat cream cheese instead of sour cream and baked it with breadcrumbs on top. But the red onion, mushroom mixture is delicious and the dip was a huge hit!
I made this this weekend and it was great! I did make a few changed I added a little mozzerella cheese I also baked it in the oven for a few min before serving and it tasted just like stuffed mushrooms. I think next time I will add some sausage or lump crab
This is a great recipe! It doesn't look appetizing, but that is deceiving because it tastes great! :-) Thanks for adding it here!