Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
great at a party..
- 10 medium mushroom caps
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 slices bacon, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to a hot 220C degrees.
- Line a 13x11 oven tray with foil; grease the foil.
- Remove mushroom stalks from the caps; chop finely.
- Arrange caps on tray.
- Heat oil in frying pan, add bacon.
- Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chopped mushroom stems.
- Cook over high heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to a medium bowl.
- Add breadcrumbs, garlic, onion, cheese,parsley and egg; using wooden spoon, stir until combined.
- Divide bacon and mushroom mix evenly into 10 portions.
- Press mix into each cap.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden.
If you like mushrooms, these were excellent and easy to make. They go really good with a nice ribeye
This recipe was so easy and fun to do. I did a slight variation, instead of bread crumbs, I crushed croutons. I topped the mushrooms with some feta cheese to add a little kick.
I had the next door neighbors over for a little "happy hour" and served these mushrooms. They loved them and so did we. These are easy to prepare and I should have doubled the recipe. This is a keeper for sure. Thanks so much for sharing, Evie*.