Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Buy firm large mushrooms for these.
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3⁄4 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1⁄2 cup chopped almonds
- 1⁄4 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop finely.
- Set caps aside.
- In skillet, saute chopped stems in butter for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat; stir in bread crumbs, soup mix and almonds.
- Stuff firmly into mushroom caps.
- Put the caps on a greased 15x10 baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered at 425* for 15 minutes or until tender.
Inez, these were a big hit with my family! I did not have the big mushrooms so I used a bunch of small ones and spread the stuffing over the top. I did add a little chopped onion to the stems when I sauteed. Thanks for a yummy recipe!