Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
I don't remember where I got this recipe, but we really enjoy it. Hope you do too.
- 12 large mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 2 slices prosciutto, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sherry wine
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Gently remove stems from mushrooms.
- Chop stems fine, put aside.
- Place mushroom caps on a cookie sheet.
- Heat oil in large skillet over moderate heat (250ºF).
- Cook onion and beef until lightly browned, stirring frequently.
- Add the chopped stems, ham, and sherry to onion-beef mixture and cook 5 minutes.
- Add bread crumbs, garlic powder, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with a spoon.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil mushrooms in preheated broiler 3-inches from heat for 2 to 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- Can be made a day before and reheated at 350ºF for 5 minutes.