Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
These make delicious appetizers or snacks!
- 1 lb fresh large mushroom, any kind
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup seasoned fine breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- bacon, pieces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- Wash and dry mushrooms; remove and chop stems.
- Set aside caps.
- Melt butter in skillet; add chopped stems and onion.
- Saute lightly; add breadcrumbs.
- Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Stuff mushroom caps with sauteed mixture.
- Arrange in shallow baking dish.
- Garnish with bacon.
- In small bowl, combine sour cream, milk and ketchup.
- Spoon over mushrooms.
- Lightly sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve hot.
These were very good. I thought the addition of ketchup was interesting. It added a sweet quality to the stuffing. My boys likes these a lot! Made for Holiday Tag.