I have been making these for about 25 years now! Just as good now as they were back then! VERY addicting! A classic stuffed mushroom!
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Remove stems and chop fine to measure 1/3 cup.
- In small frying pan, saute chopped mushroom stems, onion and green pepper in 3 Tbl. butter til soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in rest of ingredients except whole mushroom caps.
- Stuff mushroom caps with filling.
- Melt 1 Tbl. butter.
- Pour butter into shallow baking dish.
- Place mushrooms in baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes in 350º oven.
- Raise oven temp to broil.
- Broil, 3-4" from heat.
- Broil 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- *You don't have to broil these if you prefer not to.