Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I have been making these for about 25 years now! Just as good now as they were back then! VERY addicting! A classic stuffed mushroom!
- Wash and dry mushrooms.
- Remove stems and chop fine to measure 1/3 cup.
- In small frying pan, saute chopped mushroom stems, onion and green pepper in 3 Tbl. butter til soft.
- Remove from heat and stir in rest of ingredients except whole mushroom caps.
- Stuff mushroom caps with filling.
- Melt 1 Tbl. butter.
- Pour butter into shallow baking dish.
- Place mushrooms in baking dish.
- Bake 15 minutes in 350º oven.
- Raise oven temp to broil.
- Broil, 3-4" from heat.
- Broil 1-2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
- *You don't have to broil these if you prefer not to.
I opted to use all the mushroom stems and cut back on the breading. I added 4 crispy chopped bacon. I baked on the bacon fat! Used yellow pepper and red onion. Thanks!! ;)
I made these last weekend for a last minute dinner party. They were gone in a flash. So simple to make and all I had to purchase were the mushrooms - had everything else on hand. I substituted red bell pepper for the green due to my DHs preference, but would be good with either. I also increased the black pepper a bit. What a keeper! Thank you Wildflour.
This is the first of my PAC recipes to make. I had a 2 lb package of huge mushrooms so I went ahead and used them all. I increased the onion, used 3/4 of a whole Texas sweet. My daughter and I do not like bell peppers so I left them out and substituted 1/2 t Tony's Creole and 1/2 t garlic powder. Used the 1/12 c of Italian Seasoned dried breadcrumbs and left out the turmeric. These were very easy and pretty quick to make. They were a little bland for my family's taste, may be because the peppers were not used. I will make these again and again but I will increase the amount of garlic and Tony's I put in the filling. Thanks so much for the recipe!