- 3 lbs moose round steak
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 lb ground venison
- salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 1⁄2 cup Burgundy wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 1/2 stick butter in large heavy skillet at low heat.
- Brown onion, adding ground venison and pin nuts.
- Tenderize steak with meat tenderizer using directions on bottle.
- Lay steak on floured board.
- Spread ground meat mixture on round steak and roll up as a jelly roll.
- Tie with butcher string.
- Melt remaining butter and brown steak on all sides.
- Add water and burgundy.
- Cover and steam for two hours or until tender.