Recipe by personalchef
This is a nice side dish for a heavy entree, when you want some starch, but a small amount that is still an eye-catcher. Choose red potatoes that are about the size of small lemons or large limes. You can find recipes for roasting garlic on this site. Regarding the cheese, I use an Italian 5 cheese blend that I get in the Deli of the supermarket. I couldn't remember all of them, so just look for that.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, roasted
- 3 tablespoons chives, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup four cheese blend, provolone, Parmesan, mozzarella, asiago blend
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup four cheese blend, provolone, parmesan, mozzarella, asiago blend
Directions See How It's Made
- Bake potatoes at 400°F for 30-40 minutes till done.
- Cool 5 minute Cut potatoes around center, not lengthwise. Remove insides from potatoes, being careful not to damage delicate red skin.
- Mash potato insides, add garlic, chives, milk, and cheese.
- Stand your little potatoes on end and fill with filling. They will easily kinda scrunch down and stand upright once filled.
- Top with a light dusting of paprika. Sprinkle with chives, then cheese.
- Bake at 450°F for 15 to 20 min till warmed through and melted and golden on top.
- Serve two little potato halves per serving.