Recipe by I'mPat
From BH&G's Diabetic Living issue 12 2007.
Top Review by loof
This is a great and healthy way to prepare stuffed mushrooms! The lemon added a very nice tang to the stuffing. I'm not a fan of anchovies so added just a few drops of light soy sauce instead. Great flavor, no guilt - thanks for posting this recipe!
- 18 button mushrooms (about 20g each)
- 2 slices bread (low gi soy and linseed recommended)
- 3 anchovy fillets (finely chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (crushed, finely minced)
- 2 tablespoons basil (fresh chopped)
- 1 tablespoon parsley (fresh chopped)
- 1 lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 200 degree celsius.
- Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper (parchment).
- Pull the stalks off the mushrooms, then cut a thin layer off the base.
- Using a food processor process the bread until fine crumbs form.
- In a small non-stick frying pan (skillet) place the anchovies and garlic, cook stirring over medium-high heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the breadcrumbs and cook, stirring often, for 4 to 5 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
- Transfer to a medium bowl and add the basil, parsley, lemon zest and lemon juice, stirring until well combined.
- Divide filling among the mushroom cups, pressing down slightly.
- Put on lined baking tray and bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.