Recipe by Polly_Waffle_Kid
Very very easy recipe that takes no time at all to make. Salmon, crabmeat or capers can be added to the filling. This great served with a salad or as an entree.
Top Review by I'mPat
DM and myself had these as part of a vegetarian lunch and they were delicious. I made 4 mushroom (weight 200 grams) but had to double the stuffing mixture to adequately fill the mushrooms, used mozarella and parmesan to top and they took 3 minutes on high to cook in a 900 watt microwave oven. Thank you Polly_Waffle_Kid for another delicious mushroom recipe to add to my cookbook. Made for Make My Recipe Tag game.
- 12 fresh large mushrooms (washed and dried)
- 3 tablespoons soft breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped spring onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- grated cheese (a farily strong cheese gives a good flavour)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a bowl (one minute on FULL power).
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop the stems finely. Add breadcrumbs to the melted butter and stir. Combine chopped stems and spring onions to this mixture.
- Place filling into the mushroom caps and top with grated cheese. Please Note: If filling becomes stiff and hard to handle soften in Microwave oven for 30 seconds.
- Place mushrooms in a circle on a flat serving dish and microwave on HIGH/FULL POWER for 3-4 minutes or until just soft.
- Serve as a side dish or as an entree.