Recipe by Alan in SW Florida
Talk about a crowd-pleaser! Not only that, it's inexpensive and ready in less than 45 minutes.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup corn kernel (frozen or canned)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced black olives
- 12 ounces jumbo pasta shells, cooked as directed on package, drained and cooled (you need 28 shells, see note)
- 4 ounces cheddar cheese (1 cup) or 4 ounces monterey jack cheese, shredded (1 cup)
- 1 cup sour cream (8-ounce container)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook ground beef in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking up chunks with a wooden spoon, 4 minutes or until no longer pink. Drain off fat. Stir in salsa, tomato sauce, corn and olives.
- Heat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 13"x9" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Stuff the shells with meat mixture, about 2 tablespoons per shell. Place in a single layer in baking dish. Sprinkle cheese over top.
- Bake 20 minutes or until meat mixture is hot and cheese is bubbly. Serve with sour cream.
- NOTE: Some of the pasta shells may break during cooking, so cook a few extra to be on the safe side.