Top Review by Swan Valley Tammi
This was awesome!!! I suck at meatloaves and I didn't press the meat together enough after the cheese/sour cream layer, so much of the goodness cooked out and it didn't slice nicely, but the flavour was delicious. I only had one envelope of taco seasoning, so that's all I used, but it was wonderful anyway perfect. Will definitely make this again -- and this time I'll make sure it seals around the filling!
- 2 lbs beef chuck, Ground
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (Total Amount of Taco Seasoing mix is 1/2 cup plus 2 Tablespoons.)
- 1⁄3 cup green pepper, Chopped
- 1⁄3 cup onion, Finely Chopped
- 1 1⁄2 slices white bread (Tear bread slices into fresh bread crumbs.)
- 1 large egg, Slightly Beaten
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, Shredded
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 slice cheddar cheese
- 1 slice avocado
- cherry tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine ground beef, tomato sauce, taco seasoning mix, green pepper, onion, bread crumbs and egg; mix thoroughly.
- Combine shredded cheese and sour cream.
- Place half the meat mixture in 9 1/4 x 5 1/4 x 2 3/4-inch loaf pan.
- Make deep well the length of loaf; place cheese mixture in well.
- Place remaining meat mixture on top of cheese; seal well.
- Bake in moderate oven (375 degrees F.) 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours.
- Pour off drippings.
- Top meatloaf with overlapping cheese triangles.
- Let meatloaf stand 8 to 10 minutes.
- Place on serving platter and garnish with avocado slies; place cherry tomato in center of each avocado slice.