Recipe by ninja
Enjoy a south-of-the-border entree that's not your every day burrito! These pan-seared chicken medallions are stuffed with spinach, tomatoes, chiles and cheese, then baked and served over a creamy chipotle dipping sauce, "Creamy Chipotle Sauce". Prep time includes 1 hour chill time for the chicken. From St. Louis chef Coby Arzola.
Top Review by LauraBlueEyes
These are so, so good. I have made them for two different dinner parties with great results both times. The Creamy Chipotle Sauce is a must to put this dish over the top. Yum, yum, yummy!
- 2 poblano peppers, quartered and seeded, cut smaller if desired
- 8 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, pounded to a 1/4-inch thickness
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, stems removed
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, drained and julienned
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place poblano peppers, skin-side up, on foil-lined baking sheet; broil until skin is black and blistered. Fold foil around peppers and let steam at room temperature until skin has softened, about 5 minutes. Discard blackened skin.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Place single layer of spinach (about 12 leaves) in center of each breast. Top with 1/4 cup cheese, 1 tablespoon sun-dried tomatoes and 1 roasted pepper quarter.
- Roll up chicken to enclose filling. Wrap each chicken roll tightly in plastic wrap, twisting ends to secure. Chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove plastic wrap from chicken and secure rolls with toothpicks. Place flour on sheet of waxed paper. Dip chicken in flour, shaking off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Place chicken in skillet seam-side down and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 2 minutes per side.
- Place chicken on foil-lined jellyroll pan and bake in a 400 degree oven about 15 minutes, or until temperature reaches 165 degrees. Cover and let stand 5 minutes, remove toothpicks, then slice into medallions. Serve over Creamy Chipotle Sauce.