Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Great recipe that looks like it will be trouble making, but really is not.
- 4 -5 boneless skinless chicken breasts, pounded until thin
- 1⁄2 cup melted butter
- 1⁄2 cup canned jalapeno slices, chopped
- 1 cup Mexican blend cheese
bread crumb mixture
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine bread crumb ingredients in a ziplock bag.
- Dip chicken breast into melted butter then shake in bread crumb mixture.
- Lay chicken pieces flat and put cheese and chopped jalapeno slices on top.
- Fold and fasten with toothpick.
- Place in 13x9 inch baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes.
Nice, crispy and easy! Yummy flavors. Used taco seasoning instead of cumin and chilli, though. The idea from pine506 could be nice, to add moisture by some sour cream sauce.
Hot stuff! I did nake a few changes. I used thighs with bone, skin removed. I put a slit in the meat place monteray jack cheese in the slit, secure it closed with toothpicks. Then rub with olive oil and breaded with the breadcrumb mixture.They did take 50-60 minutes to cook. They were tender, juicy, and cheese creamy! Thanks for posting!
Delicious! I made the recipe exactly as directed - it was easy and quick to prepare. I know I am going to make this again soon! Thank you for posting this recipe and for joining the recipe swap!