Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
This delicious meatloaf has a hint of cumin and overlaid with the curry sauce cooked on top. Five Roses Flour discovered the great sauce and I added to a regular meat loaf recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- prepared stuffing
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup cut feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup grated yellow cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 cup milk
- Add oil to small fry pan and fry onion and garlic to translucence.
- Mix ground beef, egg, cumin, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper and then add onions and garlic.
- Place in eight/ten inch bread pan and form an indentation in the meat for the stuffing.
- Mix egg, zucchini, cheeses and place in the indentation in the meatloaf. Fold over meat to meet at the top.
- Curry sauce.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour, stirring constantly. Add curry powder to mix. Add milk and stir till thickened and just before boiling. Remove from heat. Add to meatloaf.
- Cook at 350 for 1 hour and 15 minutes.
A wonderfully tasty meatloaf! My family really enjoyed it and even though half of us are 6 or younger, there's not much left, they ate it up! I made 2 minor changes, just for convenience. I had some ricotta that needed to be used so substitued it for the yellow cheese. (wasn't sure what yellow cheese is, cheddar?) The ricotta blended nicely with the feta. Also sauteed the zucchini slightly before adding to the stuffing. Thanks for a great dinner, just what I was looking for tonight!
Absolutely delicious twist on the traditional meatloaf.