Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
What a fun way to make a meatloaf!! Full of flavor too!!:)
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup x-tra sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green olives
- In a large bowl, combine the first 10 ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well.
- On a large piece of tin foil, form the beef mixture into a rectangle about 1 inch thick. Spread sour cream all over the top. Sprinkle the cheddar and olives on top.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style. Seal seam and ends. Place seam side down in a greased baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for about 45 minute or until the meat is no longer pink.
Yummy, but remove tin foil first - the instructions are a little fuzzy on this point
Chef Kiddle, this is a great recipe! I made this last night and loved it. The stuffing of olives, sour cream and cheddar go really well with the meatloaf. It makes meatloaf quite a bit more interesting! I did use low fat versions for everything I could, and it was still delicious - I can imagine it's outrageous with the full fat versions! :-) This is going right in my 5* recipe cookbook!