Recipe by bevs kitchen
Very versatile recipe. Use whichever mince you prefer and whatever stuffing you like. Make them big or small. Have with pasta and sauce, or put into Ciabatta bread as a quick and tasty sandwich.
Top Review by ElaineAnn
I cut the recipe in half and made 4 meatballs. After frying I added 2 cups of pasta sauce and served over spaghetti. This made 2 generous servings and the meatballs were very tasty. I will be adding this recipe to my OAMC repertoire. Next time I will try them on a hoagie roll. Made for PAC Spring 08. Thanks for posting Bev.
- 1 lb minced beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 egg, beaten, divided
- 1⁄2 lb mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all the following ingredients together in a bowl: minced beef, chopped onion, garlic, cumin, mixed herbs, salt and pepper, and teaspoon of the beaten egg; mix well.
- Take about an eighth of the mixture and squash it flat in your hand.
- Now place a chunk of Mozzarella cheese in the centre and bring the mince around it; form into a ball.
- Continue until the mixture is finished.
- Coat the ball with a little flour.
- Fry or bake for about 15 to 20 minutes.