Recipe by Pierre Dance
When I got this one I didn't write the name of the source. What else is new? Be that as it may, it's quick easy and really good. The cooking time does not include preparing the sauce.
- 2 cups frozen spinach, washed, drained and finely chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 8 manicotti, cooked and drained
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- marinara sauce
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons dried onion flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package instant beef bouillon, and seasoning mix
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the sauce, combine all ingredients except the oregano in a thick bottomed sauce pan.
- Simmer uncovered stirring occasionally until it's reduced by half.
- Add the oregano and simmer another 5 minutes.
- This gives you 1 1/2 cups of sauce (the unused sauce freezes well).
- While the sauce is simmering, mix the spinach, Ricotta, garlic powder, nutmeg, salt, and pepper.
- Stuff the manicotti and place them by pairs in individual baking dishes.
- Drizzle 2 tbsp or so of Sauce over each noodle.
- Top each serving with an ounce of Mozzarella.
- Bake uncovered in a 350°F oven for 20 minutes.