Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Honestly, this is EASY! A little time consuming, but sooooo worth it, I promise! If *I* can make this, ANYONE can make this!!!
- 8 eggs, extra large
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half cream or 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour, may use up to 1/2 cup
- olive oil
- nonstick cooking spray
Filling (for Manicotti or Stuffed Shells)
- 1 (15 -16 ounce) container part-skim ricotta cheese
- 2 whole eggs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (use 1 if you are not that into garlic)
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- I make this in the blender because then I can pour the liquid directly into the pan, but feel free to make this in a bowl or even in the food processer.
- Crack eggs into blender; add half-n-half/cream. Cover and press button for stir (lowest setting). Add flour a few tablespoons at a time through the top hole. Mixture should be rather soupy, like a crepe batter.
- Heat non-stick 8" round pan and spray with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray (I use the spray). Pour liquid by scant 1/8 cup amounts into pan, but rotate pan to distribute. The shells will be thin, like a crepe. DO NOT FLIP! Once cooked, loosen with a rubber spatula and remove from pan to plate. This entire process should only take a minute or two at the most. Repeat from spray pan with cooking spray until all liquid is used up.
- This recipe makes between 10 to 14 shells. You fill the shells with ricotta cheese mixture.
- For Filling: Mix all ingredients together in medium size bowl. Chill until ready to use.
- To Fill Manicotti Shells:.
- Lay shell out flat on plate; spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of mixture about 1" from one side of shell; roll up. Place seam side down into a 9x13" baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Once done, top with pasta sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese. Bake at 325*F for approximately 20 to 25 minutes until hot and bubby.