Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a family favorite around our house, even my husband who isn't keen on cheese, loves this.
Make and share this Stuffed Manicotti recipe from Food.com.
- 12 uncooked manicotti
- 425.24 g container ricotta cheese
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 236.59 ml cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese
- 29.58 ml parmesan cheese
- 2.46 ml italian seasoning
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 0.59 ml salt
- 0.59 ml pepper
- 709.77 ml prepared spaghetti sauce
- Par-boil manicotti noodles, drain.
- Place in a bowl of cold water to prevent sticking.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine eggs, 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese, 1/2 of the mozzarella,cheddar and ricotta cheeses and the seasonings.
- Drain shells, pat dry with paper towels.
- Fill shells with cheese mixture, spread 1/2 cup of the prepared spaghetti sauce over bottom of shallow 3 quart baking dish.
- Arrange filled shells over sauce; cover with remaining sauce and spoon remaining ricotta over each shell.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella, cheddar and parmesan cheeses.
- Bake covered loosely with foil for 40 minutes.
I have to admit, this was the best recipe for manicotti. my family loved it and since this was my first time making it, it was easy and fun to make.
Wonderful Taste...It is easy to make and mild in flavor. We like this very much. We will have this over and over.
Loved this recipe but I made a few alterations. I omitted the cheddar cheese, doubled the mozzarella and doubled the eggs. I also added spicy Italian sausage, chopped spinach and thinly sliced zucchini. My mixture was a little too think, so I used approx. 1/8th cup of milk to soften it just a tad. This was enough to fill 14 manicotti shells. Great recipe and I will gladly give it five stars, but I highly recommend leaving out the cheddar to avoid a flavor clash (romano cheese in its place would be a good substitute if you don't want to double up on the mozzarella).