Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
a great simple manicotti recipe
- 1 (250 g) package manicotti (14)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 1⁄2 cups tomato sauce (or your favorite pasta sauce)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil, crushed
- Cook half the shells in 4 l(q) of boiling salted water 6 mins until just flexible; carefully remove ith a slotted spoon; drain; repeat with remaining shells.
- In a large fry pan, heat oil, saute onion and green pepper until tender; set aside.
- Brown the ground beef in the same pan and add the vegetables back to the pan to combine; cool.
- Add the ricotta, mozzarella, egg salt and pepper; mix until well combined.
- Gently fill each shell and arrange in a 9x13 in baking dish; combine pasta sauce and seasoning.
- Pour over filled manicotti; sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Cover with foil and bake @ 350 for 30 mins, uncover and bake 10 more or until cheese is slightly browned.