Recipe by jenjen =)
After sifting through MANY MANY recipes for stuffed mushrooms, I found that none of them satisfied my taste. I didn't want to use cream cheese, sour cream, since I prefer it more low fat. This is what I came up with. The measurements are approximate. I recommend adding your own flair to yours. Served them at a dinner party where they disappeared in no time!!
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 12 -16 fresh mushrooms (BIG white mushrooms)
- 14 3⁄4 ounces creamed corn (1 can)
- 2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
- 3 tablespoons onions (diced)
- 3 tablespoons bacon
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (Smashed crackers)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove stems from mushrooms. Scoop out the middle without breaking the cap. Keep the mushroom stem scoopings as you can use it for other recipes.
- In a pan, sauteed the chopped stems, onions, mushroom stems (1/2 cup chopped), and garlic in olive oil.
- Remove from pan. Turn mushrooms side down.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Open the can of creamed corn. Use a strainer to remove the liquids as much as possible.
- Take any kind of crackers (I used Ritz), place them in a small plastic bag. Smash the crackers until resembles breadcrumbs.
- In a medium bowl, combine ingredients in the pan with the strained cream corn, bacon (Crumbled Real Hormel Bacon), smashed breadcrumbs.
- Fill mushroom caps with mixture.
- Place filled mushrooms on a pan, lining it with foil (spray foil with Pam, butter, or olive oil).
- Bake in over for about 15 minutes.