Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
Quick and easy--people will think you spent time on this one.
- 2 lbs london broil beef
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 3 ounces herbed goat cheese, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- Slice three 5 x 1-inch slits in the top of the London broil.
- In bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Fill the slits with the mixture. Tie meat in 1-inch intervals with butchers’ string. Top with 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning.
- Broil for 35 minutes or until thermometer reads 140°F, turning once.
The london broil is tuff. Next time I will use flank steak and take out the roasted peppers. I like the goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes with spinach together. Sorry it just wasn't a big hit with my family.
This was really good! Even though I totally misread the recipe and added dry Italian dressing mix insteady of Italian seasoning. The spinach came out great!! Like a spicy creamed spinach. The roast was wonderful too! My husband really, REALLY liked it. I'm going to try the recipe again but use the proper ingredients next time. Note: if you try it with the dry Itailian dressing mix (which was really very good) cut it by half because it's strong.