Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an old recipe that is still really spectacular for a special dinner.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Core lettuce and hollow out the center, leaving a shell 1 1/2" thick.
- Wash and allow to drain well.
- Beat cream cheese, blue cheese, and mayo.
- Add green pepper,onion, chives, walnuts and worchestershire sauce.
- Add a few grinds of ground pepper.
- Pack into lettuce shell.
- Wrap in wet paper towels, then foil.
- Chill at least two hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve.
We did not care for this salad. It sounded so good, and I made it exactly as written except I added shrimp to it. All we could really taste was the cream cheese. To me is is not worth the effort to make it.
this sounds awesome! I'd love to try it with crabmeat or cooked shrimp added to the "stuffing" mixture. Can you tell I'm from New Orleans??? I'm thinking about trying my hand at it this weekend and will update my comments.