Recipe by SuzieQue
This is an old recipe that is still really spectacular for a special dinner.
Top Review by Judy in WA
We did not care for this salad. It sounded so good, and I made it exactly as written except I added shrimp to it. All we could really taste was the cream cheese. To me is is not worth the effort to make it.
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Core lettuce and hollow out the center, leaving a shell 1 1/2" thick.
- Wash and allow to drain well.
- Beat cream cheese, blue cheese, and mayo.
- Add green pepper,onion, chives, walnuts and worchestershire sauce.
- Add a few grinds of ground pepper.
- Pack into lettuce shell.
- Wrap in wet paper towels, then foil.
- Chill at least two hours.
- Cut into wedges and serve.