Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a fabulous dish that is made in a skillet. Make a rice side dish and have a delicious dinner ready in no time!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh tomato, diced
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Pound chicken breasts thin.
- Combine feta cheese, lemon juice and oregano and spread over chicken.
- Fold chicken to enclose filling and secure with a toothpick.
- Heat oil in a skillet until hot.
- Add chicken and cook until golden brown.
- Mix together chicken broth, tomato and spinach and add to skillet.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes.
Just wonderful. The only thing I would have liked was more explicit sauteeing instructions since my chicken was slightly overcooked since I was eyeballing the doneness. Nontheless....heavenly. Will make again.
There isn't much else I can add to the other comments so I'll just add my own YUMMY!!! Thank you Marie. Chicken breasts are usually dry but these were moist and delicious!
Chicken and filling is lovely, but the sauce is too 'stocky'. I added some lemon juice, oregano and tomato paste to the sauce, and it was much better. Garlic would also give the sauce more flavour.