Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This spectacular looking. Luscious tasting. really impressive.
- 3 -5 lbs boneless leg of lamb
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper
- 2 (10 ounce) bags spinach
- 1 cup pine nuts
- 8 ounces gorgonzola
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Wash and remove large stems from spinach.
- Heat olive oil in pan and add spinach.
- Cook until wilted.
- Add salt & pepper.
- Place in a strainer to drain.
- When cool to the touch squeeze excess moisture from spinach and set aside.
- Toast pine nuts for 10 minutes in 350F oven.
- Set aside.
- Spread lamb out on cutting board.
- Pound to make it an even thickness all over.
- Season lamb with salt & pepper, minced garlic and chopped rosemary.
- Layer on in this order spinach, pinenuts, red peppers & cheese.
- Roll tightly and tie with cotton string.
- Heat heavy skillet ( I use cast iron).
- Add vegetable oil and sear on all sides.
- Place in roasting pan and roast 375F for about 1 1/2 hours for medium.