Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Make and share this Stuffed Lamb With Eggplant (Aubergine) & Feta recipe from Food.com.
- Prepare a fire in grill.
- Steep currants in hot water for 15 minutes or until plump.
- Butterfly each lamb loin.
- Cover each with plastic wrap and pound with a mallet into rectangle pieces 9 x 5 and 1/2 inch thick.
- Brush each eggplant slice with olive oil.
- Season with salt.
- Grill until golden brown and tender turning once, about 8 minutes.
- Transfer to plate.
- In a bowl combine currants, feta, pine nuts and black pepper to taste.
- Lay open lamb loins on flat surface.
- Place eggplant slices on top and cover with feta mixture.
- Fold each piece of lamb in half and tie crosswise at the intervals with kitchen twine.
- Coat with olive oil.
- Grill over medium fire, turning once and brushing with olive oil until medium rare, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
- Transfer to a warm plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove twine and cut lamb pieces in half.