My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare a fire in grill.
- 2Steep currants in hot water for 15 minutes or until plump.
- 3Butterfly each lamb loin.
- 4Cover each with plastic wrap and pound with a mallet into rectangle pieces 9 x 5 and 1/2 inch thick.
- 5Brush each eggplant slice with olive oil.
- 6Season with salt.
- 7Grill until golden brown and tender turning once, about 8 minutes.
- 8Transfer to plate.
- 9In a bowl combine currants, feta, pine nuts and black pepper to taste.
- 10Lay open lamb loins on flat surface.
- 11Place eggplant slices on top and cover with feta mixture.
- 12Fold each piece of lamb in half and tie crosswise at the intervals with kitchen twine.
- 13Coat with olive oil.
- 14Grill over medium fire, turning once and brushing with olive oil until medium rare, about 20 to 25 minutes total.
- 15Transfer to a warm plate and let stand for 10 minutes.
- 16Remove twine and cut lamb pieces in half.
Browse Our Top Lamb/Sheep Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lamb/Sheep Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Lamb With Eggplant (Aubergine) & Feta
Serving Size: 1 (516 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.0
- Calories from Fat 218
- Total Fat 24.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.5 g
- Cholesterol 148.9 mg
- Sodium 619.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
- Sugars 20.7 g
- Protein 45.8 g