Recipe by surus
Another comfort food recipe using three favorites, kielbasa, garlic mashed potatoes and sauerkraut. I used a 4 oz. pkg. of potatoes and it was plenty. I also think I would use cheddar next time as the mozzarella vanished. Found this on Allrecipes website.
Top Review by jVo
I've been looking for a recipe to use my jar of sauerkraut in the pantry. (HINT: Squish all of the juice out of your sauerkraut by straining through a seive over a bowl-put a piece of waxed paper on the kraut and set a large heavy can or bottle on top for about 10 minutes to help squeeze.) I also used turkey sausage and lowfat Kraft italian shredded cheese. I served mine with baked beans (right from the can) and the taste was surprisingly delicious!
- 16 ounces kielbasa
- 1 (7 5/8 ounce) packagegarlic flavored mashed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sauerkraut
- 1⁄2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175 C) Bring a large pot of water to a boil and simmer kielbasa for@ 8 minute to reduce fat.
- Prepare mashed potatoes according to pkg.
- Cut kielbasa in 4 equal portions and split each lengthwise almost all the way through so they lie flat.
- Layer each kielbasa with sauerkraut, then potatoes, then cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven 10-12 minute until heated through and cheese is melted.