Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I combined a number of recipes and came up with this. My husband loves it!!
Make and share this Stuffed Jumbo Shells recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces packages jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces light ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, add chicken and onion, and cook until chicken is done, about 7-9 minutes.
- Stir in breadcrumbs, and remove from heat.
- In a bowl, combine egg, ricotta, half the mozzarella and half the cheddar, spices, salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken mixture.
- Fill shells and place in a 11x7 inch pan.
- Combine tomato sauce, mushrooms, mozzarella and cheddar; pour mixture over shells.
- Sprinkle with parmesan if using.
- I like to sprinkle with more mozzarella as well.
- Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
I tried this last night. They are great I have made stuffed shells b4 but not with chicken. WE ALL LOVED IT! this will go in my recipe box and WILL be made again thanks.
These are delicious stuffed shells. I've never made stuffed shells with chicken in them before and these were wonderful. It is a nice change and my family really enjoyed this version. I will make these again!
athis recipe is a great one