1/1 Photo of Stuffed Jumbo Shells
1 hr 15 mins
I combined a number of recipes and came up with this. My husband loves it!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 ounces packages jumbo pasta shells
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 15 ounces light ricotta cheese
- 4 ounces shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 4 ounces shredded fat-free cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 3/4 cups tomato sauce
- 2 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- 3Melt the butter in a large skillet, add chicken and onion, and cook until chicken is done, about 7-9 minutes.
- 4Stir in breadcrumbs, and remove from heat.
- 5In a bowl, combine egg, ricotta, half the mozzarella and half the cheddar, spices, salt and pepper.
- 6Add the chicken mixture.
- 7Fill shells and place in a 11x7 inch pan.
- 8Combine tomato sauce, mushrooms, mozzarella and cheddar; pour mixture over shells.
- 9Sprinkle with parmesan if using.
- 10I like to sprinkle with more mozzarella as well.
- 11Cover and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Jumbo Shells
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 620.2
- Calories from Fat 183
- Total Fat 20.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 146.2 mg
- Sodium 1809.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 48.9 g