Recipe by M A Lewis
Using what is around the house normally and a great find at the grocery store of Jalapenos, I made an awesome appetizer.for very little expense.
- 1 lb ground chuck steak
- 20 jalapenos
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon basil
- ground peppercorn
- 8 ounces cream cheese (room temperature)
- 2 ounces thin slices colby-monterey jack cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cook ground chuck steak in pan on medium heat til just turning brown(most pink of meat is gone). While the meat is cooking slowly, make canoe shaped slots into the jalapenos. Clean out seeds and thin membrane. Cook into meat the garlic, cayenne pepper, peppercorn, white pepper, salt, oregano, parsley, and basil. The meat will be thoroughly cooked and mixed well with spices. Make sure all meat pieces are no bigger than BB's.
- In small bowl place cream cheese and mix in the meat and spice mix. Place the mix into a ziploc bag, seal and make a slit in one corner. Use the bag to pipe the mix into the jalapenos.
- Place one thin slice of cheese on each jalapeno.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350 for 15-20 minutes on baking sheet. Use parchment paper under the jalapenos.