Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 15 jalapenos
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 1 clove garlic (cooked)
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 egg
- hot sauce, to taste (or Tabasco)
- With a spoon hollow out the Jalapenoes once you have cut them in half Set aside-- In a prehated skillet brown the ground beef and garlic, Drain grease from skillet wehn browned.
- Mix beef with all remaining ingred.
- Stuff the peppers place on Baking dish Bake at 375 degrees until Browned.
- Make a raised bottom so you may add water to baking dish and steam peppers.
Oh, Wow! If you like fresh jalapeños, this is the appetizer for you. I liked the beef and rice combination. I baked the jalapeños for about 20 minutes just so everything would be hot. These were delicious, quick and creative. When I make these again, I will try some hot barbeque sauce in place of the ketchup, or I might add some green chiles to the beef/rice mixture. Thanks, Mimi for sharing this wonderful recipe.
YUM! I was looking for a stuffed jalapeno without cheese. This is definitely a keeper. Thank you.
Made this awhile ago. My internet went down and I tried to remember this by heart. I did everything but left out the darn egg!!!! Still turned out yummy. Will make again and remember the egg! lol