Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Make and share this Stuffed Jalapenos recipe from Food.com.
- 12 pickled jalapeno chilies
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (2 oz.)
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, sliced
- 12 pimento strips
- Rinse and drain jalapenos. Slit lengthwise on one side. Remove seeds and veins, leaving stem attached.
- Beat cream cheese until fluffy.
- Beat in Cheddar cheese and green onion.
- Stuff each pepper with part of mixture.
- Arrange on heatproof serving plate or baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Top each pepper with a pimento strip.
I made a batch for a cajun-themed dinner party, and there was not a single one left over. I used fresh jalapenos and substituted small strips of red bell pepper for the pimento. Will definitely make again.
I loved the stuffed jalapenos! I did use fresh and I think I prefer them unbaked. It was an easy recipe to make and what a terrific way to use up all those jalapenos out of the garden. Thank!