Recipe by Vicki @ Porcupine,On
Appetizer: I Rec'd this recipe from a friend . They are awsome and worth trying . The Jalapenos are "NOT" hot to the taste . Quick to prepare and so yummy !!!
- 10 jalapeno peppers (small size)
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄4 cup light cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- 3⁄4 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut Jalapenos in half lengthwise .
- Scrape out all of the seeds and veins and discard . (This is the HOT part of the pepper).
- In a medium bowl, blend cheeses,salsa and 1/4 cup breadcrumbs with a fork.
- Fill Jalapenos evenly . Place on a baking dish.
- In a small bowl, blend remaining 1/2 cup breadcrumbs, parsley and butter.
- Distribute evenly over filled peppers.
- Sprinkle with salt
- Bake until golden and crisp - about 20 minutes.