Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This Jalapeno has a twist to it that makes it very good!
- 5 -10 jalapenos
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softend)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 cup monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (12 -24 link) package breakfast sausage (links)
- Cook sauage until done and let cool.
- While Sauage cooks mix together cream cheese, both cheese and spices. Once sauage is cooled cut into quarters. Cut jalapeno's in half scoop out seeds. Lay a strip of sauage in the bottom of the jalapeon top with the cream cheese mixture. Roll each jalapeon in bread crumbs.
- Line up on a parchment or foil lined cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 40 to 45 minute.
This recipe was not what I was looking for, but it was still pretty good. The DH loved them. I did not use sausage in mine. I also found that there was extra cream cheese mixture left over, and it tastes nice on wheat thins.
These were some tasty little pepperpoppers! The sausage is an interesting change from typical stuffed jalapenos. The only thing I noticed is that the quantities don't add up as written. 12-24 sausage links quartered yields 48-96 sausage strips for only 10-20 pepper halves! Not a big deal, but something to consider when buying ingredients. I had a fair amount of cream cheese mixture left over too - maybe I just didn't stuff them high enough (or had some puny peppers!) Thanks for posting. We enjoyed them.