Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I came up with this recipe because I love jalapenos but I am on a diet that restricts fried foods. So this is a cold non fried way to make stuffed jalapenos.
- ***Some Bacon substitutes are available that use no meat products. This would make it a suitable for vegetarians***.
- Take the Cream cheese out of the refrigerator and set on the counter to get more warm and easier to work with.
- Cut the stems off of the jalapenos and then cut them in half.
- Scrape out the insides with a small spoon. You want to make sure you scrape the insides well to get the veins exposed so that they are not too hot.
- Soak for 10 minutes in ice water and then let them air dry for thrity minutes.
- Add the cream cheese to a bowl and begin stirring in the bacon bits. This part is up to you. If you want a lot of bacon flavor, than go nuts. If you don’t, than back off a little.
- Stir the bacon bits and cream cheese until mixed well. Take a spoon and start placing the cheese mixture in the jalapenos and place on a plate or serving tray.
- Cover, refrigerate for one hour, and serve.