Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A friend of mine taught me how to make these peppers a few years ago. My husband loves these peppers! He can't BBQ without throwing some of these on the grill first, so he has something to snack on while he BBQ's.
- 10 jalapeno peppers
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream and chive flavored cream cheese
- 5 slices bacon
- 10 toothpicks
- Soak 10 toothpicks in a small bowl of water (Soaking the toothpicks in water help prevent them from burning over the flame).
- Wash peppers.
- Make one slice on each pepper, from stem to tip.
- Seed each pepper, rinse, and pat dry.
- Stuff each pepper with a spoonful of cream cheese.
- Wrap each pepper with a 1/2 strip of bacon and secure with a wet toothpick.
- Grill for a few minutes on each side until bacon is crisp.
I thought these were very good..no complaints from anyone..well the ones who CAN eat a jalapeno!
Simplicity appears to be the best recipe. Have looked for a long time and now I have found what I consider the best...thank you ...
I make these all the time for my guests. They go fast! I have a "chili grill" that I cook them on. Go to chiligrill.com. I think my grill holds 28 peppers. Have made using veggie cream cheese too. Use a piping bag (or a baggie with the corner cut off will do) and pipe the cream cheese into the pepper. Try these!