Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Here is one of my favorite recipes for the holidays. STUFFED JALAPENO PEPPERS OR (ARMADILLO EGGS)
- 1 lb sage sausage (such as Jimmy Dean)
- 1⁄2 lb monterey jack cheese
- 4 cups prepared stuffing
- 2 cups seasoned bread crumbs, especially Shake and Bake for pork
- 15 jalapeno peppers
- 1 egg, beaten
- For the stuffing I like to use Stove Top stuffing for pork.
- Cook stuffing mix according to package directions.
- Combine sausage with stuffing.
- Cut stem and seeds from jalapenos, fill with cheese. Add egg to sausage and stuffing mixture. Mold mixture in egg shape around jalapenos.
- Roll in bread crumbs until covered well.
- Bake in a 400 degree farenheit preheated oven for 30 minutes or until brown.
- More recipes at: http://maxpages.com/recipegallery.
A real hit. I have made this recipe 2 times and they are gone in minutes. I usually get 13 to 15 servings. Everyone wants the recipe. I serve it with a sour cream, mayo, creole mustard, horseradish sauce. I have only used fresh jalapenos.