Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Quite a spicy little treat, feel free to play with the stuffing mixture. *NOTE* I have never made a single batch of these, we always have to double or triple the recipe!
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 3 -6 ounces soften cream cheese
- olive oil
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- shredded monterey jack cheese
- salsa, to your taste
- Boil Jalapeno Peppers until soft for 5 minutes or so.
- Remove from water, Using a sharp knive, slice the pepper lengthwise,leaving the pepper intact as a cavity, remove seeds and clean for the cream cheese filling. Rub olive oil on peppers.
- Combine cream cheese, bread crumbs, jack cheese, salsa.
- Fill each pepper with cream cheese mixture.
- Place peppers on grill or bake (in preheated oven at 400) until cream cheese mixture is hot and peppers are cooked tender about 10 minutes.
For flavor and over all I would give this recipe 5 stars however to boil the Jalapenos first destroys what we love - a bit of crunch stil lleft in the peppers. It also takes some of the "Hot" out of the peppers. Also your ingredient amounts were vague. I still give you 4 stars because they were so darn good Made 4 peppers givng 2 servings of 4 halves - Loved them