Recipe by Jeanz916
If you love spicy and delicious you will love this recipe. It is my favorite and a great hit a our back yard BBQs. Not really for kids, unless they can handle the heat!
- 15 -20 large jalapenos
- 1 (16 ounce) bag four-cheese Mexican blend cheese (pre-shredded)
- 1 lb hickory smoked bacon
- 15 -30 toothpicks
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice each jalapeno down one side and pry open. Try not to break it in half completely. Scrape the seeds and inside membrane out with a small spoon. Be sure to get all the seeds, unless you want them very hot.
- Stuff each one with a good pinch of cheese. Enough to fill the entire pepper.
- Wrap each stuffed jalapeno with one slice of bacon. (It works best if you use the entire slice of bacon.) Secure it jalapeno with toothpick (1-2), and set aside for the grill.
- Place them on the grill and continue to roll around until the bacon is cooked. Try to keep the lid shut most of the time due to flare ups from the bacon fat. Once they are cooked, let them cool about 3-5 minutes before serving.
- Keep in mind that some will be much hotter than others so have some other munchies available and drinks incase someone gets a super hot one. (It has happened to me).