Recipe by kniven11
This is a fabulous recipe I received at a recent family reunion. It's a great appetizer, especially for football games!!
Top Review by DailyInspiration
Here in the South, stuffed jalapenos are a must at every party or bbq. We enjoyed this version with the sausages nestled between the cream cheese. I used pre-cooked bacon as it was still pliable enough to wrap around the peppers. I also par-boiled the peppers whole for 5 minutes and then cooled them off as it lessens the heat a bit. You can also bake these peppers on a rack in your dish to allow the grease to drain off. Made for Spring PAC, March, 2013.
- 10 large jalapenos
- 1 (8 ounce) package reduced-fat cream cheese
- 10 cocktail franks (or little smokeys)
- 1⁄4 lb smoked bacon, strips
- 10 toothpicks (for securing)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 350.
- Pull stems off jalapeños and rinse.
- Slice jalapeños in half, lengthwise, and remove all seeds.
- Fill (but don't overfill) each jalapeño half with cream cheese.
- Place cocktail frank between two jalapeño halves.
- Wrap one slice of bacon around stuffed jalapeño and secure with a toothpick.
- Place stuffed jalapeños in a shallow baking dish and cook on 350 for at least 30-45 minutes (do not cook on a cookie sheet, otherwise bacon grease will get all over your oven).
- NOTE: The longer you cook the jalapeños, the less kick they will have. I would not recommend cooking for less than 30 minutes, however, since the bacon needs to be cooked thoroughly.