Recipe by MsSally
I had some tuna steaks that I found in the back of the freezer. I thought they might be fishy tasting so I was attempting to cover them up, but instead came up with a wonderful different way of fixing tuna
- 1 lb tuna steak (3/4 in thick)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup Italian style breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts (toasted and finely choped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Butterfly tuna steaks. Cut almost thru to the other side but not entirely.
- Mix olive oil and garlic, set aside. Mix breadcrumbs, pine nuts and thyme.
- Add 1 T olive oil to the crumb mixture and stir to coat.
- Spray baking sheet with olive oil. Place about 2 T of mixture in pocket of each steak. Brush garlic olive oil mixture over each fillet and coat with crumbs. Place crumb side down in pan and then repeat coating on other side.
- Bake at 400 for 10 mins, or to desired doneness. DO NOT OVERCOOK.
- Allow to sit for about 5 mins and serve.