Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Found this on Pinterest and loved it.
Make and share this Stuffed Italian Bread recipe from Food.com.
- 1 Italian bread, about 12 inches long
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄8 cup olive oil
- 3 teaspoons onions, minced
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seed
- 3 teaspoons chopped parsley (add more if you wish)
- 12 ounces grated cheese (I used a mix of white cheddar and monterey jack.)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Mix the melted butter, olive oil, onion, garlic, dijon mustard, poppy seeds and parsley in a bowl.
- Cut the bread into cubes with X slices without cutting all the way through the bottom crust.
- Pour the butter-onion garlic mixture carefully into those X cracks using a small spoon and over the top of the bread. Fill those delicious cracks with the grated cheese. (It seems like a lot of work and trouble but it's all worth it. Yes.).
- Wrap the entire loaf with foil, sealing the sides properly and bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and unwrap. Bake for another 10 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey.