Recipe by tamelawak
Mom used to make this all the time when we were growing up. It is still one of my favorite dishes I eat at least once a month to this day. I especially love to eat them cold the next day. Note: If using baked beans instead of the Pork & Beans you don't need to add mustard & sugar.
Top Review by SuzTheQ
We really enjoyed these. I didn't do the mustard and sugar for the beans- I seasoned the way I usually do for pork & beans, with garlic and sauteed onions. But I loved the idea of baking the beans on the hot dogs, and melting the cheese- will definitely make these again. Thanks, tamelawak!
- 10 hot dogs
- 1 (16 ounce) can pork & beans
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Line cookie sheet with foil and spray with non-stic spray.
- Mix Beans, mustard & sugar - set aside.
- Cut hotdogs length wise BUT NOT ALL THE WAY THRU.
- Open hotdogs along cut and lay on lined cookie sheet.
- Spoon Bean mixture onto dogs.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Remove hotdogs and top with cheese slices.
- Put back in oven til cheese melts.