Recipe by sugarpea
Not as much work as you might think. These little cuties are filled with a yam puree and topped with a brown sugar and pecan crumble. Cook time is going to vary depending on how large the pumpkins are.
- 1 (17 ounce) can yams, packed in water (about 1 1/2 cups when mashed)
- 1 egg, separated
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 4 tiny pumpkins
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 -4 tablespoons pecans, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Drain yams and mash or puree in a food processor with egg yolk, salt, cinnamon, and melted butter; beat egg white until stiff and fold into yam puree.
- Cut top 3/4" of pumpkins off and set aside; scoop pulp from pumpkin; spoon yam filling into pumpkins and set aside.
- Topping: Mix topping ingredients together and sprinkle on top of filling in each pumpkin; partially spear each pumpkin with a toothpick near the top edge; push reserved pumpkin top onto the remaining portion of exposed toothpick until top sits firmly attached to pumpkin, like a tipped hat.
- Bake pumpkins on a baking sheet until fork can pierce pumpkin shell in an inconspiuous place, 30-60 minutes depending on size of pumpkin.