Recipe by stormylee
A vegetarian version with sun dried tomatoes and fresh herbs! I list here the original amount of olive oil called for in the recipe, but I have to admit I often skimp on it a bit!
Top Review by Cupcake-Princess
I made this for the Spring 2010 PAC. These were great! I loved the flavor of all of the fresh herbs and sun dried tomatoes in these. I also loved how they were not dry, as many stuffed mushrooms are. I used like a tablespoon or less of oil to saute the mushrooms and garlic in and did'nt brush the caps with oil. Other than that I followed the recipe exactly. I never saw putting an egg the filling for stuffed mushrooms, but it works really well because the filling stays together. Thanks for the great recipe!
- 15 -20 fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 50 g sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 5 sprigs parsley, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh basil, chopped
- 150 g cream cheese
- 1 -2 tablespoon parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons dry breadcrumbs
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Remove stems from mushrooms and chop the stems finely.
- Heat 4 tbls of olive oil in a pan and saute chopped stems and garlic in oil.
- Remove pan from heat and mix in the remaining ingredients: sun dried tomatoes, chopped herbs, cream cheese, Parmesan, egg, breadcrumbs and seasoning.
- Fill mushroom caps with the stuffing.
- Brush the outsides of the caps with olive oil and place them in an oven-proof pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes.