1/2 Photos of Stuffed Herbed Chicken With Boursin Cheese
Courtesy of foodblog "Simply Recipes", this looks delightful as well as being delicious, and quite simple!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (453.59 g) boneless skinless chicken breast half
- fresh basil leaf (or other green, beet green, swiss chard, spinach, oregano, enough to cover each breast)
- 29.58 ml walnuts, finely chopped
- 70.87 g light boursin cheese, room temperature (or 2.5 oz of other herbed cream cheese)
- 78.07 ml breadcrumbs
- 44.37 ml parmesan cheese (freshly grated)
- 1 egg, beaten well
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F Put each chicken breast half between two layers of plastic wrap, on a chopping board, and use a meat mallet to pound until 1/4-inch thick.
- 2Dip each basil (or other bitter green) leaf in boiling water, drain and set aside.
- 3If you are not starting with Boursin herbed cheese, make your own by mixing together the Herbed Cheese ingredients mentioned above. Mix the walnuts into the cheese mixture, set aside.
- 4Lay the chicken breasts flat, season each side with salt and pepper. Spread the cheese-walnut mixture over each breast, covering the surface of the breasts. Layer on the basil leaves. Starting at the shortest end of the chicken breast, roll up as tightly as possible and tuck in the ends to form a neat roll. Secure each breast with 2 toothpicks.
- 5Put flour, beaten egg, and bread crumbs combined with the Parmesan cheese on to 3 separate flat dishes. Dredge each chicken breast roll first in the flour, then the egg, and finally the Parmesan bread crumbs. (Skip this step if you are going low carb and/or gluten-free.).
- 6Transfer chicken breasts to a greased baking dish, seam side down. Bake at 350°F for 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of the breast, until the internal temperature is 165°F, the juices run clear, and the chicken is slightly browned.
- 7Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Stuffed Herbed Chicken With Boursin Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 196.3
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 122.4 mg
- Sodium 224.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 27.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light boursin cheese